BE CAREFUL OF CYBER ATTACKS – ACI GUIDELINES
To all staff:
As the situation with COVID-19 escalates daily, criminals are seeking to capitalize on the widespread panic and are succeeding. New coronavirus-themed phishing scams are leveraging fear, hooking vulnerable people and are taking advantage of workplace disruption.
New Coronavirus themed phishing scams play on emotions and concerns and criminals are taking advantage of this with more and more employees working remotely by the day. It is important to note the following:
- Be Extra Vigilant About Phishing Emails.
- Practice Good Cyber Hygiene
- Only Use Secure Wi-Fi
- Report Lost or Stolen Devices Immediately
The link below explains this in great detail.
You will also note that there are security measures for employers and we are mandating that all employees who are working from home follow and respect these guidelines. They are
- We have already installed the appropriate technology on your work computers.
- Please be reminded that confidential information is still confidential and the same care must be used as if you were working in the office.
- DO NOT USE PERSONAL COMPUTERS FOR WORK.
- We have already set up an announcement area on our website to communicate pertinent information to all of our employees.
- All senior managers are accessible via email, so please do not hesitate to reach out to me or your Divisional Head at any time.